Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or treat!

God came through yet again this Halloween - it was a balmy 67 degrees at ToT time! I remember as a child, having to bundle up under a coat when I went ToT and no one even saw my costume. How much fun is that?

Photobucket


There never seems to be a definite start and stop time to ToT here. We ate dinner early, so the boys would be ready to head out around 6 p.m. They were dressed and ready to go at 5:45 and I got Henry ready soon after that. I got the pictures taken and the big boys were itching to get movin' - the sugar was calling their names!

Photobucket

They were out for about an hour - Henry started crying about 5 minutes before they got home. He was out like a light by 7:45, but the big boys still had quite a bit of energy left. I had set up camp in the driveway, with our pumpkins lit and handed out candy there (our front porch is hidden behind some trees - it's VERY secluded and I would have been lonely ;) They ditched their costumes and handed out candy for me and rode their bikes in between trick or treaters. A firetruck came down our street and handed out candy to the kids - I looked out my bedroom window after putting Henry down and noticed my boys running into the street and firemen throwing candy to them - they LOVED it!

Photobucket

We had candy left over (we ran out last year!), so I split it up between the 2 big boys and we forced them into bed. It was a great night!

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Ah! That first picture is kinda scary! HA!

Steph

Michelle said...

they look great in their costumes and I'm glad it wasn't too cold!