Thursday, February 5, 2009

To celebrate or not to celebrate...

that is the question.

Valentine's Day - that's a tough one in our house. B's birthday is the 13th. He's not a big celebrator of the birthday thing. He'd rather it just go on like any other day, where I'm the one who wants to shout it from the rooftops. He believes Valentine's day is a "Hallmark Holiday". While part of me agrees with him, the other part wants to be girly and celebrate it with flowers, candy, nice dinner....you get the picture.

I don't think I'm going to get him to budge (I asked if he wanted to celebrate it this year and his response was, "If you want to" - not exactly what I was looking for...). So, I think I'm going to just have fun at home and we can celebrate as a family! If B flakes on me, at least I'll have the big boys here to hang with me :)

I think I'll make a nice dinner - Jake (my 5 year old sous chef who even has his very own apron!) and I will plan a fabulous menu that will even include a yummy dessert. I'll even grab some sparkling cider for the boys and a bottle o' wine for me or maybe even a chocolate hazelnut martini. One word - YUMMY!

Then, the boys will go to bed without arguing with me (wishful thinking here) and B and I will spend some good, quality time together.

Do YOU celebrate Valentine's Day or do you have a fuddy dud (is that a word?) in your house like I do?

There's an awesome giveaway going on over at Mom Generations. Go check it out!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Nope we don't, I actually did a post about this because we never do anything special on this day LOL

Scribbit said...

Our family is like that with the 4th of July--everyone's crammed in there together