Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday (with a bit of a twist)

My tackle isn't until 5:30 tomorrow morning - I almost wish it were today, just so I could be done with it and be on my way to recovery.

I'm having a hysterectomy tomorrow. I've been battling endometriosis, adenomyosis and other period related issues for years (read 20 years). I'm tired. I can't handle these issues anymore and the only relief I'll get is when I don't have a period anymore. We've been blessed with 3 insanely beautiful, fun little boys - I have no desire to have a little girl. I know we're done having children.

I've had 3 outpatient surgeries in the last 10 years and haven't been nervous about any of them. But, for some reason, I'm uneasy about this one. This one requires one night in the hospital, which I'm ok with. I'm trying to look at it like it's a mini vacation :)

I think what's making me uneasy is how final it is. I KNOW I'm done having babies - my pregnancy with Henry and the delivery weren't much fun at all. In fact, I've said that had he been our first baby, he probably would have been our only baby. Things are starting to get easier now - the sleeping is getting better (praise God!), he's a good eater and he's LOTS of fun (still a bit cranky though).

The idea of not having an "oops" again makes me a bit sad. Henry was an oops - big surprise, but a wonderful one. I remember laughing for 24 hours after the test came back positive - my heart sang. I'll never experience that again. But, I know I don't want anymore kids. My thought processes are quite silly I guess.

I'm trying to focus on the positives of this - no more periods!! No more pain!! No more having to send my husband to the store to buy feminine hygiene stuff :)

Please say a prayer for me - for a successful surgery and a quick recovery. Also, please say a prayer for my husband and boys - my husband is having to play Mr. Mom AND work from home for 2 weeks, so I can recover the right way. My dear MOPS friends are bringing us food - God bless them.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Amanda: said...

Good luck! Yay for a mini vacation :)

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you girl!!! It will be ok.... I've been there. It was the best thing I ever did!!! Huge hugs!

Michelle said...

I'm sure this wasn't an easy decision to make; and even though you know you're done...it's still the finality of it all. Praying you'll be at peace tomorrow and all goes well with the surgery and recovery period (no pun intended!) How wonderful that some ladies from MOPS will be able to provide some food!