Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ahhh, the joys of childhood!

I remember when eating a popsicle was one of the highlights of my day. I remember thinking it was the BEST THING EVER to be able to stay outside and play after dark and our parents didn't have to worry about where we were, who we were with or what we were doing. I remember spending the majority of my summer days with a beach towel wrapped around me because I'd been swimming for hours upon hours and the water was probably ice cold, but I didn't care. I remember not having a care in the world.

Now, I spend my time hoping and trying my hardest to provide those kinds of summer memories for my boys. I spent the majority of my summer at the babysitter's house (until I was 10 or 11 at least). I thrilled that I'm able to create these memories on a daily basis with my babies and that God has blessed us with the means for me to stay home.

To see the joy in their faces as I open a popsicle package makes me so happy - we're off to do that now :)

0 comments: